Erie Canal Harbor Development Corp. is building a new destination
Canalside offers an abundance of activities and opportunities for all! Here’s a quick snapshot of the recent and upcoming events at Canalside:
20/20 with F-Bites is a hit! The new culinary experience for youth continues until August 26. For the schedule, visit: www.canalsidebuffalo.com.
Canalside is a growing destination for diverse experiences and events. Visit Code Blu Juice Bar for a fresh and tasty juice or smoothie every Tuesday at 5 p.m. (before Zumba) and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (before Power Yoga/Hybrid Fitness).
A Community Favorite and a Corn Treat: At various Canalside events, look for Mattie’s Restaurant, a local soul food favorite and A-Maize-ing Corn, a sweet corn roasting company that specializes in roasted treats.
There’s so much to do! Have you tried…?
- The new menu at Clinton’s Dish, Canalside’s on-site eatery. Now open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and serving breakfast! Enjoy the view while sipping a cup of Golden Cup coffee.
- The Beer Garden (open until 8 p.m.).
- Free professional dance lessons accompanied by live local music every Wednesday at 7 p.m. Please note: upcoming classes are 8/6: Swing; 8/13: Tango; 8/20: Ballroom; 8/27: Salsa.
- Free movie nights: Hosted every Tuesday at 8:30 p.m. through August 26. Get the complete show schedule at www.canalsidebuffalo.com/things-to-do/canalside-tuesday-night-flicks/.
Free concerts during the month of August:
- BPO performing the music of Michael Jackson and Earth, Wind, & Fire (8/7)
- Moby (8/14)
A Conversation with Tom Dee
On July 16, ECHDC President Tom Dee and Jennifer Parker were guests on the Buffalo Urban League’s radio show hosted by Vincent Clark. WUFO 1080 AM listeners learned more about Canalside’s development, activities and events, and how job seekers and small business owners can find out about opportunities.
Get more news by following Canalside on Facebook or at www.canalsidebuffalo.com.