Sheila E. Concert
Canalside was the venue for one of Buffalo’s most memorable performances on July 23. The celebration included a ceremony where Mayor Byron Brown declared July 23rd as Sheila E. Day, and the talented musician returned the gratitude by delivering an electrifying performance to the crowd of thousands.
A Summer of Opportunities
Canalside’s commitment to providing a diverse experience includes offering opportunities to minority and women business owners. Here’s a brief glimpse of two current Canalside vendors:
• Code Blu Juice Bar: “My exposure to the health and fitness community and expanding my visibility was a major factor in being a Canalside vendor. This summer exceeded my expectations! The Canalside team posted my business on their Facebook and Twitter pages weekly.” – DeChantell Lloyd, owner, Code Blu Juice Bar
• Golden Cup Coffee: “We are excited for the opportunity to profile our coffee products and brand to a broader audience. In addition, we are very proud and honored to provide the official coffee for Canalside. We were just informed that Canalside visitors will also be able to enjoy our coffees and hot chocolate during the winter months.” – Larry Stitts, co-owner of Golden Cup Coffee
Expanding the Security Safety Net
Canalside is excited to welcome Trace Assets Protection Service as a new security firm. The firm will provide safety and security for special events at Canalside. Ryan Coate, General Manager for Canalside said, “Trace security has been a great partner to ensure safety at our box office, for concert security and our food and beverage venture.
Events To Note – At Canalside there’s something for everyone! Here are a few events that are happening this month and beyond:
• Love Seafood and Ships?: Canalside will host the 2nd Annual Buffalo Maritime Festival September 19-21, 2014. Enjoy a full weekend of family-friendly fun!
• Happy Hour at Canalside: Break up the long work week with a beautiful venue, refreshing wine and delicious food at the new Clinton’s Dish beer/wine garden. Events include Barefoot Wine Wednesdays, HARBORCenter Happy Hours on Thursdays and Fridays at Canalside. Get the complete schedule and drink specials at http://www.canalsidebuffalo.com/things-to-do/.
• Saturday Artisan Market: The popular arts and crafts bazaar will continue into September and October. Stop by to browse and purchase one-of-a-kind pieces from local vendors.
• Ice Skating on the Canals: This winter, Canalside will debut outdoor ice skating on Historically Aligned Canals! The ice surface will be four times the size of Rockefeller Center in NYC!
Remember, the fun does not end with the summer, Canalside is open year round! Get more news about activities and business opportunities at www.canalsidebuffalo.com